function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jason Good 13Jason Good 13 

Trailhead data manager app

So ive signed up for the dev edition org. Ive tried using my playgrounds. What am i missing? No matter what i do I keep getting the error "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Trailhead_Data_Manager' app was not found. Please follow the requirements and ensure the wave enabled org is setup correctly." Where do i get this app? I assumed it came already installed when you signed up for the dev org. Can anyone please help, this is the last module i need to complete the trail. Thanks in advance. 
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jason,

I would suggest you to use trailhead playground to complete wave related challenges separate from your dev org which should probably do the trick.

If you are doing challenge correctly then it can be linked issue. You have to link Trailhead to Salesforce.

Follow the below link, do set up your Salesforce org to trailhead & complete your challenges.
  • https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2643793-trailhead-profile-signup-login-faq?b_id=13478 

I hope it would be more helpful for you.

If it solves your problem, mark as a solution.

Please let us know if you have any issue.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Jason Good 13Jason Good 13
So i have been to page it says to for connecting. ive logged into my dev org from that page and i still get the error. I am including a screenshot of my connected orgs page. what else am i missing?

User-added image
Chandra S KumarChandra S Kumar
Hi Jason, were you able to add Trailhead Data Manager app to your dev edition??
I am facing the same issue, plz let me know how did u do it?

Andrew TzikasAndrew Tzikas

Hello I am facing a similar issue, whenever I select Trailhead Data Manager it takes me to the page, however all the links on the page reference back to the homepage in Salesforce.

What I should see based on the Trailhead Instruction

User-added image

What the current issue is:

User-added image

User-added image

^When clicking each link above it redirects me to the homepage. See below:

User-added image

Michelle Eade 9Michelle Eade 9
I am having the exact same issue as Andrew Tzikas
Chris Price 31Chris Price 31
I also had this. If you select the main app launcher button in the top left and select the Trailhead data manager from there is should appear.

kalina nikolova 21kalina nikolova 21
Hey guys - did anyone find a resolution to this ?

Here is my update & I'm still stuck and unable to solve this challenge. 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Trailhead_Data_Manager' app was not found. Please follow the requirements and ensure the wave enabled org is setup correctly.

I have created the new credential for Wave Analytics with a Developer Edition org
In trail head challenge, it throwing an error as mentioned above.

Can any one guide me how to integrate this.

Any thoughts? I'd like to complete this trail and to progress to the next unit.

Hi guys - do you have any instructions on how to complete this challenge - I've tried everything and still no resolution.

I created a whole new email account and a new playground but still cannot get the wave app running.

Here are some screenshots:

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
I was reading how accessing through a custom domain can cause problems - but I have not setup any custom domains.

thanks so much - 
Kalina 

Mak MendeMak Mende
Hi Kalina, you just need to sign up for a new org then from the drop down of My Playground, then choose, log into dev org, use the credentials used to create new Analytics Org. and that's it! 
L C 23L C 23
Yea. That doesn't help at all. 
Furqan Sarwar 8Furqan Sarwar 8
Hi @Mak Mende. Thanks this was a correct solution and i have cleared this challenge.
Furqan Sarwar 8Furqan Sarwar 8
Change the App preference from Trailhead Playground to Developer and choose the newly created DE org as current default for Launch. Page will redirect to login and system will ask to integrate this Developer Org with your existing TP accounts so that your progress doesn't get lost and get merge with your TP account. Just accept that and now Launch the devloper org and then challange will complete.
Randall GriebelRandall Griebel
@Furqan, thank you, that worked for me
Daniel R PeaperDaniel R Peaper
I had the same issue as @Andrew Tzikas but I solved it by using the main app launcher from the Salesforce Home page and NOT the app launcher in Analytics Studio.
M IyerM Iyer
The solution offered by Chris Price 31 worked for me. Thanks man.
Nagaraju Kovuru 7Nagaraju Kovuru 7
I do not have the Trailhead Data Manager App in my org. Where do I find it?
Edith Reckling 13Edith Reckling 13

Hi Everyone,

I had the same issue today: With some difficulties I got the new CRM Analytics enabled Developer Org: I had to ask for a different User Name and different E-Mail Address Combination. Even after connecting and launching this new Org I got the Error that Trailhead_Data_Manager were missing. So I checked my Connected ORgs and there is the following hint to the Trailhead Managment Module

I clicked on that and in the Unit Install Apps and Packages in Your Trailhead Playground (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/trailhead_playground_management/install-apps-and-packages-in-your-trailhead-playground) I followed the Instructions of the section Your Playground Doesn’t Have the Playground Starter App 

This helped out!