function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zach TorreZach Torre 

How do I get account summary to load for "Using Standard Controller" Trailhead

Hello Developers, 
I started at SFDC on August 7th and have no developer experience. I'm working through "Visual Basics", spefically "Use Standard Controllers" and I've run into an obstacle and have yet to over come it. 

Here is where I am stuck: 

Display Data from a Single Record

Add the standard controller for accounts to the page, and then reference account fields to display a record’s data.
Follow these steps to create a page that shows an account summary.
At the beginning of your page markup, inside the <apex:page> tag, add the following attribute.
1standardController="Account"

When you save the page now, the preview page will reload as before, except this time the standard controller for accounts is active. When the page loads, the standard controller parses the parameters in the URL, finds the idparameter, and uses its value to retrieve a record and make it available to the page. You can’t see it yet, but it’s there.
In the body of the page, add the following markup.
1Name: {! Account.name }

Boom. Now you can see that the record is being retrieved! You should see the name of the account that has the record ID that you added to the URL.
Replace the single line with the account name with the following markup. 

Here is my code: 
<apex:page standardController="Account">

Name: {! Account.Name }

</apex:page>   

but when I "preview" all I see is: "Name:" in the developers preview windows. Am I supposed to see the account I'm working with? In my case, the account is Burlington Textiles Corp of America. 

This sounds too simple to create a problem. 

PS. I'm also seeking a VF mentor, over time, I'd like to create a VF page with all my Internal/external development, education, and successes at SFDC for employee review purposes. 

Thank you, 

Zach