function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Angela CeaAngela Cea 

Installing app Data.com Assessment App Error: Insufficient priviledges

As part of my pre-work for bootcamp, I'm trying to complete the module Data Quality in trailhead. The thing is when I try to complete the "Assessing the Quality of Data" challenge and install the Data.com Assessment App, I have the following error: " Insufficient Privileges. You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. " (It appears after clicking in Install in production and after confirming the installation). 

Could anyone help me with this? I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks,

Ängela

Best Answer chosen by Angela Cea
Paul MunroPaul Munro
Hey all - I was able to resolve by resetting my Trailhead Playground password (instructions here: https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2659738-how-to-get-a-password-for-my-trailhead-playground?b_id=13478) and then using my new credentials to download on appexchange. Alternatively, I've heard that opening an Incognio window to download has also worked for some (it didn't for me). Hope this helps! 

All Answers

Becka DBecka D
Hi Angela!

Are you installing in the correct org? Is it possible that you are logging in to a different org where you do not have administrator credentials?
John MicciJohn Micci
I ran into the exact same issue and I am not sure which org I am to be signed into? It says my current profile is Moderator?

Angela CeaAngela Cea
Hi John! It says my current profile is moderator too. But not sure if we should have an admin profile.

Hi Becka!
When I try to install it and I have to confirm, it shows the following:

WHERE YOU ARE INSTALLING
ORGANIZATION
Salesforce
EDITION
Developer
USER NAME
acea@cunning-raccoon-111018.com

My username as SDR is acea@salesforce.com so I think I am installing the app in the correct org. But no idea how to check it. Do you know if I have to change my credentials or something?

Many thanks for your answer!!!!

Thaddeus RolleThaddeus Rolle
I'm having the same issue in my org.   I'm trying to complete the 'Data Quality' trailhead and cannot download the Data.com Assessment App. I receive the message: 

This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.
Paul MunroPaul Munro
Has anyone been able to obtain support on this? I'm also experiencing the same issue and Techforce has informed me that they don't support Trailhead. 
Paul MunroPaul Munro
Hey all - I was able to resolve by resetting my Trailhead Playground password (instructions here: https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2659738-how-to-get-a-password-for-my-trailhead-playground?b_id=13478) and then using my new credentials to download on appexchange. Alternatively, I've heard that opening an Incognio window to download has also worked for some (it didn't for me). Hope this helps! 
This was selected as the best answer
Angela CeaAngela Cea
It works!!! THANK YOU!
Arvind RamrekhaArvind Ramrekha
Hi I just completed the Data Quality (Beginner|Admin) Badge. For completing the Assessing the Quality of Data Unit, I know that many of us are encountering the "not enough Priviledge" permission issue when trying to install the Data.com Assessment v3.2 app. Well the good news is after trying for quite a few hours more than the expected 20min!  I found a way to make it work for me:
1. Log-in to salesforce org62 => goto setup => manage users => users => select my name => ensure the data.com user type is data.com selected and have enough monthly data.com addition limits. If not contact your admin.

2. Logout from org62 and Log-in to my playground org repeat step 1. Mine was not selected as data.com user by default so I selected it as you should have admin privileges here. Important: Please note your username and reset your password to your email account for step 5.
(https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2659738-how-to-get-a-password-for-my-trailhead-playground?b_id=13478)

3. Close your browser app (not just the window, I used Chrome) and re-open it.

4. Go to Trailhead exercise, click on the hands-on exercise link to open your playground org and leave it open on a separate tab.

5. Go back to the Tailhead tab, click on data.com assessment link, click on get-it, click on install in Prod.

6. Very Important: When asked to login using salesforce account, put in the username and password from your playground org on step 2. DO NOT use your org62 username and password! That is when it tried to install it on org62 and gives you an error. To make it simpler use different username from on playground from your salesforce email ID.
Magnus LjungMagnus Ljung
I have the same problem, no easier way than the one Arvind propose...?
Arvind RamrekhaArvind Ramrekha
@Magnus Ljung, I think the one thing that you can try is to log in with your playground username and password (not salesforce one) when Data.com asks you to login using Salesforce. That should work...let me know and best of luck!
Bob WaskomBob Waskom
I have tried every which way to get this done and still can't, is there anyone that I can contact to get some help?
Kelly CunnaneKelly Cunnane
I need help with this!! 
Patricia BarbalhoPatricia Barbalho
When I try to change the trailhead password, it does not recognize my current password. My first login was through a link I have received by email, that directly used my login/SSO pwd. Although I am on trailhead env, my pwd is the one from prod env and trailhead does not recognize it. I need an admin to reset my trailhead password...
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Just to be clear for anyone reading along, you don't need to check any box on the user record for data.com. 

You just need to install the app into your Trailhead Playground.

1. Get your Trailhead Playground username and password. We have this linked in the challenge, but here's the article for your reference: https://force.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2659738-find-the-username-and-password-for-your-trailhead-playground?b_id=13478

2. Open an incognito window and go to AppExchange.com.

3. Click Login. This should present you with a standard salesforce.com login screen. If you don't see the login screen, logout and click Login again.

4. Log in with your Trailhead Playground username and password from step 1.

5. Click this link to install the app. https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cshEAA

6. Click Get it Now. 

7. Click Install in Production.

8. You'll see a warning that indicates the app doesn't list support for your edition. This won't stop you from installing. Go ahead and continue with the installtion.

9. At any point if you're prompted to sign in, always use your Trailhead Playground username and password.

This will allow you to install the app into your Trailhead Playground.

Want to understand the reasons why this is happening?

AppExchange will attempt to sign you in with single sign on. The way it does this is it uses whatever information it can gather from any other tabs you have open in your browser and tries to use those to pass sign in credentials to the AppExchange. So if you're signed in to your production org and you try to go to AppExchange in a separate tab, AppExchange will look at your production login, and sign you in automatically with those credentials to AppExchange. This is a feature, not a bug. 

People who encounter the "Oops! Looks like you don't have permissions to install apps!" are most assuredly getting signed in to AppExchange with login credentials where they are not an admin. It has nothing to do with checking a box on the user record for data.com, and everything to do with simply logging out of the AppExchange, and logging back in with an org where they *are* an admin - in their Trailhead Playground.