function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bridgette DurbinBridgette Durbin 

Which apex class is running a scheduled job?

To preface, I have very little to no development skills, and unfortunately, the org I inherited as admin is very apex-heavy. I need to make an edit to an apex class (sandbox first of course), but am unable to due to it being part of a scheduled job. We have about a dozen scheduled jobs, all of which are vaguely named. Is there a way I can tell which apex class is running which scheduled job? Of the scheduled jobs, only two of them give me the "manage" option. (see below)
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Bridgette Durbin
Jim JamJim Jam
As the class you are trying to edit is an abstract class it is likely that one of the schedulable classes is referencing it. Have a look at each of the schedulable classes and see if one of them has a reference (or extends) the abstract Assignmentt class.

All Answers

Thank you, that is very helpful and good to know. However, the apex class I am trying to edit, does not appear in the jobs list. Though, when I attempt to edit, it gives me a compile error:
 User-added image
@hermant_soni, that's my problem -- there doesn't appear to be an apex job that is using the class I want to edit. I went to the Jobs > Apex Jobs as you suggested before, but my apex class "Assignment" did not show on the list. However, when I attempt to edit the class, I get the above error. 
Jim JamJim Jam
As the class you are trying to edit is an abstract class it is likely that one of the schedulable classes is referencing it. Have a look at each of the schedulable classes and see if one of them has a reference (or extends) the abstract Assignmentt class.
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you for your assistance!