function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheRotnelsonTheRotnelson 

Mutual SSL. Getting Salesforce CA signed certificate signed by a third party

We want to set up mutual SSL between Salesforce and our Enterprise Service Bus. The internal security team required that we use a CA signed certificate to authenticate the client(Salesforce).
Third parties trusted CAs that I have contacted says that the signing request must come from the domain owner of where the certificate will reside. The domain owner is Salesforce.com
We have registered my domain in Salesforce: telianorge.my.salesforce.com
Can Salesforce request a certification signing request to a public CA on our behalf?

What is normal procedure for this?

Best Answer chosen by TheRotnelson
TheRotnelsonTheRotnelson
Following is the answer I got from Salesforce.
When you use CN=mycompany.my.salesforce.com then it would require signing request from Salesforce as the domain corresponds to Salesforce which cannot be provided by Salesforce.
Therefore, you need to change the CN to your company's domain and get the certificate signed by public CA.

All Answers

TheRotnelsonTheRotnelson
Following is the answer I got from Salesforce.
When you use CN=mycompany.my.salesforce.com then it would require signing request from Salesforce as the domain corresponds to Salesforce which cannot be provided by Salesforce.
Therefore, you need to change the CN to your company's domain and get the certificate signed by public CA.

This was selected as the best answer
Bhaanu MadhineniBhaanu Madhineni
You can get the certifictae from GlobalSign, which is public CA, well known for good support in all local languages, include Scandinavian languages.