function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tabrez Ansari 14Tabrez Ansari 14 

Set up a communities user and setting role

Task is
"In this challenge, you set up the external sharing model, create a sharing set, and create a customer community user. First, set up the external sharing model with Case set to private. Then, enable Customer Portal settings, and create a sharing set titled Share cases with customers for the Customer Community User Profile. In this sharing set, grant customer community users read and write access to the case object for all cases associated with their account.

Ensure that your DE org user has a role assigned.
Create a customer community user from Edna Frank's contact record. (Your DE org should already have a contact record for Edna Frank. If it doesn't, create a new contact with first name Edna and last name Frank.)
Ensure that the account associated with Edna Frank has cases associated with it.
Ensure that sharing set mapping is set to User:Account = Case:Account."

I enabled the community, created a community user of edna frank but i'm not able to understand how to set role.
The role picklist is grayed out.
Pleae assist.
Tabrez Ansari 14Tabrez Ansari 14
I'm also not able to find the user edna frank in the dropdown list to assign it to a role.
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi Tabrez
follow this video for complete this challange
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWEwV8yJbEk
i hope it helps you '
thanks
let me inform if it helps you and kindly mark it best answer if it helps you
http://sfdcmonkey.com
Ming MaMing Ma
Hi,

I think "Ensure that your DE org user has a role assigned." means that your own user account has a role.
My understandint is that ''edna frank' should not have a role.
Hope this helps.

Mamta BainsMamta Bains

Not able to enable Edna Frank as Role is missing.

Have to leave this challenge as it is. :(

Please help if anyone has already completed this challenge in Trailhead.