function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maggie QuirkMaggie Quirk 

Can you check my logic? Would this be an Opportunity or am I mixed up? Hypothetical for a non-profit for an assignment.

I am doing a hypothetical usercase for an assignment and I want to build out some basic objects for a non-profit.  We must make one account (I will use a company as a donor), a contact, and 5 opportunities.  What would 5 opportunities be for a non-profit performing fundraising?

I had the idea that the five opportunities could be different types of events they are raising money for.  For example, selling seating at a table for a dinner, soliciting donations to organize a conference, soliciting general donations for overhead, and so on.  So the account is an organization who is a regular donor, and they will approach them throughout the year regarding different events they can sponsor.

Thanks for any assitance you can offer in making sure my logic regarding opportunities is right!  I can think of lots of fields to add to page layouts, and I think it would be an exciting exercise.
Sudipta DebSudipta Deb
Hi Maggie,

I think you should go ahead different campaigns which will be associated with the account. Each campaign will be having it's own opportunities. Inside single campaign, you can put multiple opportunities. Create Picklist field to select the type of opportunities. 

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply is helpful.
Maggie QuirkMaggie Quirk
Thank you very much for your response!  I see...  the assignment only has me create opportunities, I am not at the level of building campaigns yet (although I have a vague understanding of the concept).  Do you think it makes sense to name the opportunities after campaigns but not build the campaigns, since it's outside the scope of the assignment?  Many thanks.
Sudipta DebSudipta Deb
Hi Maggie,

Since it is outside the scope of the assignment, I think it makes sene to create the opportunities and use picklist to categories the opportunities. Finally create the roll-up summary field at account level to display the summary of opportunities.

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply is helpful.
Maggie QuirkMaggie Quirk
Thanks so much for the tip!  I will do my best to do that!

I will wait a bit to see if anyone else responds and then mark your solution as Best Answer.