function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Liz Gibbons 16Liz Gibbons 16 

unable to change managed package apex class security

I have added several new VF pages and their controllers to a managed package. When I deploy the managed package, I am unable to change the security to the controllers. Can't grant permission from profiles and no 'Security' link appears next to the classes. They are properly assigned in my packaging org. 

Any thoughts on what's happening? Thanks in advance.
Best Answer chosen by Liz Gibbons 16
Shilpa KambleShilpa Kamble
If you’ve installed or created a managed package in your org, you can set security only for the Apex classes in the package that are declared as global or for classes that contain methods declared as webService.
If users have the “Author Apex” permission, they can access all Apex classes in the associated organization, regardless of the security settings for individual classes.

All Answers

Shilpa KambleShilpa Kamble
If you’ve installed or created a managed package in your org, you can set security only for the Apex classes in the package that are declared as global or for classes that contain methods declared as webService.
If users have the “Author Apex” permission, they can access all Apex classes in the associated organization, regardless of the security settings for individual classes.
This was selected as the best answer
Liz Gibbons 16Liz Gibbons 16
Thanks, Shilpa! I changed the classes to global and everything is working now.