function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wilson LamWilson Lam 

Need Help! Customizing Compact Layouts Challenge

I have done everything but I still get this error that is not helpful becauseI have done what it asks.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Either the contact object does not have a compact layout named 'Phone and Email', or it is not set as the primary compact layout
  1. I created a custom object 'Contact'
  2. I created custom fields of name (text), phone (phone type), mobile (phone type), and email (text type).
  3. Then I made a new custom compact layout called 'Phone and Email'
  4. I make 'Phone and Email' my primary compact layout
What did I do wrong?? Am I missing a step?? Please help.
Best Answer chosen by Wilson Lam
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
NOTE:- You dnt need to create contact object. You need to use statandard contact Object.

Please check below post for same issue
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BTYNIA4

To pass this challenge, add a new section 'Phone Numbers' to the default 'Contact Layout'. Add the Phone, Mobile, Home Phone, Other Phone, and Fax fields to this new section.
-->The 'Contact layout' Page Layout should have a new section named 'Phone Numbers'.
-->The 'Phone Numbers' section should include the 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' fields.

Please follow below step :-
Step 1 :- Search Contact page layout
Step 2:- Modify page layout and add seaction like below
User-added image

Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please consider below points.

1.Please check if you have connected to same DE org where you have done your work in the trailhead.To do this click on" launch your hands on org" and select the DE org or trailhead playground where you have your work and then check challenge.

OR

Go to Trailhead Profile -- settings -- make the DE org which you have worked as default then check the challenge.

2.Check the spelling of the fields you created I would suggest you copy paste the names. 
The trailhead is released with new updates, please refer below link how to take challenges in trailhead.

https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2643793-trailhead-profile-signup-login-faq?b_id=13478

Hope this helps you!Please let me know If you need further help.

Please mark it as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

NOTE:- You dnt need to create contact object. You need to use statandard contact Object.

Please check below post for same issue
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BTYNIA4

To pass this challenge, add a new section 'Phone Numbers' to the default 'Contact Layout'. Add the Phone, Mobile, Home Phone, Other Phone, and Fax fields to this new section.
-->The 'Contact layout' Page Layout should have a new section named 'Phone Numbers'.
-->The 'Phone Numbers' section should include the 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' fields.

Please follow below step :-
Step 1 :- Search Contact page layout
Step 2:- Modify page layout and add seaction like below
User-added image

Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer
Ashish_TiwariAshish_Tiwari
Hi Wilson,

Please check with the below given process, hope you will resolve it.

Setup - Customize - Contacts - Compact layouts - New - Lable Name (Phone and Email)- Name (Phone_and_Email)

Select Compact Layout filelds-
Add fields in Selected Fields (Email, Name, Mobile, Phone) from Available fields-

Save

Click on Compact Layout Assignment- 

Edit Assignment- Select Phone and Email as Primary compact layout- Save

Check the challenge now...

Please mark as best answer if you find it helpful.
Todd TronsonTodd Tronson
I am having a similar problem but my Challenge isn't asking for Phone and Email, it is looking for Property.  But Property is not in the available fields list.

User-added image

Create and enable a compact layout
Brokers want to see important information about their showings at a glance. Create a new compact layout for events that have the Showing record type.
Create a new event compact layout with the label: Showing Mobile Layout
Add the following fields to the compact layout in this order: Subject, Start, Property, Name.
Make the new compact layout the default for the Showing record type. (Hint: Do not change the primary compact layout for events. Enable the new Showing compact layout in the Record Type Overrides section of the layout assignment editor.)

Property isn't available and causing the fail.

Thanks.
Shravan Kumar 71Shravan Kumar 71
Hi Todd,

Even I am stuck on the same page.

Property fields isn't available to add to compact layout.

Thanks

Thomas MuddleThomas Muddle
I'm also having the property issue Todd/Shravan.
lcarleenlcarleen
Me too, lol - anyone have an idea of how to resolve?
Can you please share module link and screen shot of error so that we can help you
Todd TronsonTodd Tronson
Trail: Admin Beginner
Module: Salesforce1 Mobile Customization
Lesson: Customize Compact Layouts

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_beginner/modules/salesforce1_mobile_app/units/salesforce1_mobile_app_compact_layouts

User-added image
User-added image
Sachin SauravSachin Saurav
Hi Todd - First  you need to complete below steps then u will get property in your list-
Create the Property Custom Object
It would be hard for brokers to schedule a new showing without being able to associate it with a specific property. How would they know which home to show? So let’s create a custom object called Property.
If you created the Property object in your org when you earned the Data Modeling badge on Trailhead, you can skip this step.
From your management settings for custom objects, select Create | Custom Object.
In the Label field, enter Property.
In the Plural Label field, enter Properties.
In the Optional Features section, select Allow Activities.
Click Save.
Now we’ll create a custom tab for the Property object.
Enter Tab in the Quick Find box, then select Tabs.
In the Custom Object Tabs list, click New.
In the Object dropdown list, select Property.
For the Tab Style, select Real Estate Sign.
Click Next. Accept the defaults, then click Next again.
Click Save.
Create a Lookup Field for Showings
Hang in there! This is the last step. We just need to create a custom Property field so brokers can associate showings with properties. We do that with a lookup from the activities object to the property object.
From the object management settings for activities, go to Fields and Relationships and click New.
Select Lookup Relationship, then click Next.
In the Related To dropdown list, select Property, then click Next.
Enter Property in the Field Name and Field Label fields, then click Next.
Select the Visible checkbox so the field is available to all profiles, then click Next.
Deselect the Event Layout and Task Layout. We only want this field to appear on the Showing Layout.
Click Next.
Enter Showings in the Related List Label field.
Click Save.
property showing
Todd TronsonTodd Tronson
Following your steps, then I get an error.

Create Property Custom Object resulted in this:
User-added image

Then Custom Tab:
User-added image

Then Lookup Fields steps gives an error:
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
Hi Todd,
First inactivate all the validation rule of activity object then add lookup.
Do not forget to check 'Visible' checkbox so the field is available to all profiles- while creating lookup.
lcarleenlcarleen
Hi Sachin,
I'm in the same boat as Todd - just followed your instructions and got the same error Todd did above.  I don't have "Validation Rules" listed for "Activity"...
Activity - Object Manager
Hi lcarleen
I think there would be some validation rule or any relationship for some other object which would be including Activity. because I followed same steps and working fine.

Todd TronsonTodd Tronson
I only had one active validation rule.  Made it inactive. then did the steps again, got the error again when I got to the save step.
Pablo Macias 3Pablo Macias 3
Hello, I had the same issue with this challenge and I found the solution. Let me share with you what I done:
1. Create the custom object property and the property field (Look up relationship type as Sachin described before).
2. Once that you have the object and the field created, go to create the "Show Mobile Layout".
3. Then I created a "event record type" using the Showing Layout and with the existing type record as Master, make it enable for all profiles.
4. Go to the event compact layouts screen -> compact layout assignment -> on primary compact layout select "Showing Mobile Layout" and "Record Type Overrides" will appear, you just have to select again the Showing Mobile Layount in the dropdown and check the challenge.
Pratik HumnabadkarPratik Humnabadkar
Hi Pabio, am getting below error on doing that. 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: JNANXGDI
Jeanne MoellerJeanne Moeller
I was getting the same error message and found the solution here:

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000AzQdIAK

juan Vazquez 9
success! I was able to solve my "Customize Compact Layouts"

I created a 'playground' .. the desadio asks to create Subject, Start, Property, Name in order, however, the 'Property' field does not exist in your new playground. You should create it, create it in the related 'Activity' object 'contact', and then it will be available to place in order.

Will need to do the steps of the previous exercise, create the "Showing Layout" to be able to assign the new compact layout and that's it
!

Javier Peña LucenaJavier Peña Lucena
after follow the Shachin steps...

To avoid this error:
    The 'Showing Mobile Layout' compact layout does not appear set as the default layout for the 'Showing' record type

You have to create a new 'Record Type' called: Showing, and set the compact layout as default:

User-added image

good luck
Ben SternBen Stern
Thanks to Pablo and Sachin.
MARIO EDGAR QUIROZ GUZMANMARIO EDGAR QUIROZ GUZMAN
I'm stuck with the challenge I am unable to move forward:

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: VEBNJSLE

I try with another Trailhead session but it doesn't work any inputs?
RAVITEJA C 9RAVITEJA C 9
Hai 
Iam done every thing in this mention this layout but this is issue will occurs to me can u pls help.what kind o error?
Could not find a compact layout for the Event object with the label 'Showing Mobile Layout'.
Mary SciortinoMary Sciortino
Hello,
I'm getting this lovely message for the Customize Compact Layouts Trail. All of the challenge information is correct.

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: XQLFGWSW
David BergersonDavid Bergerson
I think the challenge is borked :(

Looking at the list above, this seems to be a newer version of the challenge.

Challenge Not yet complete
Ok, this makes sense if there is NO compact layout with that name :)

User-added image

But lookie . . . there is one with that name.
Jasmin ChauhanJasmin Chauhan
I tried to complete the Customize Compact Layouts challenge-
Create and enable a compact layout
Brokers want to see important information about their showings at a glance. Create and implement a new compact layout for accounts.
Create a new account compact layout
Label: Mobile Account Layout
Name: Mobile_Account_Layout
Selected fields: Account Name, Annual Revenue, Phone, Type
Make the new Mobile Account Layout the primary compact layout for accounts

But I'm getting an error!!
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually, this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: RMPEEUKU
Ben C 5Ben C 5
I am getting the same thing.  Refference error id: AZKOFGJV
Apoorva Jain 13Apoorva Jain 13
Hi Jasmin and Ben,
I also get the same error when I do this challenge but when I launch in trailhead playground and do same challenge then I am able to pass this challenge and got points.So try in another organisation and then check it.
Regards,
Apoorva 
Apoorva Jain 13Apoorva Jain 13
Or if there is any record type in account object then firsly u deleted record type then do this challenge.

Kris Rupert D. LumagueKris Rupert D. Lumague
Instead of creating the compact layout in contact object do it with "Account object" as it is shown on the error. I was able to pass these one :) Thou I think it was incorrect since you want to show the compact layout for contacts instead for accounts. Anyhow have a good one

​Just message me if your having some trouble still :)
Tenga SchieberTenga Schieber
Has anyone found a solution to this module "Create and enable a compact layout" ? I too am receiving the error message: Reference GWGZJHWX
@Kris Rupert any help would be greatly apprciated. 

Thank you

TejasKhorateTejasKhorate
I'm also facing same error. After completing challenge by using My TrialHead Playground it can work.
So use My Trialhead Playground.
Souji MuppaSouji Muppa
Hi
Im not able to complte my challenge
did anyone get the solution?

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: JHWGDHSF

Sheryl JonesSheryl Jones
Hi,
This worked for me: I had to create a new playground because I was getting constant errors.

Create new playground
Go into Object Manager
Account
Compact Layouts
New Compact Layout
Label: Mobile Account Layout
Name: Mobile Account Layout
Select Compact Layout Fields: Account Name, Annual Revenue, Phone, Type
Save
Click Compact Layout Assignment
Edit Assignment
In Primary Compact Layout click: Mobile Contact Layout
Save

Hope this helps!
Jerry StipoJerry Stipo
 After being stuck on this challenge for an hour because of a glitch, I tried what Sheryl Jones suggested and it worked. It's disappointing that there have been issues with this challenge since 2017 and they still aren't fixed.