function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ScottB3ScottB3 

Trying to get a pageBlockSection to show/hide based upon the value of an inputField picklist

I have a visualforce page, on which I am trying to get a pageBlockSection to show/hide based upon the value of an inputField picklist.

I cannot seem to get the reRender function to work and am at a loss as to why.

Here is the code that I am using.

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Case Type Selection"  collapsible="false" columns="1" rendered="{!isChangeRequest == false && contains(lower($Profile.Name),'community') == false}">
                <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Case.FieldSets.Standard_Case_Switcher_Fields}" var="f">
                        <apex:inputField value="{!Case[f.fieldPath]}" required="(f.required, f.dbrequired)" rendered="true">
                            <apex:actionSupport event="onChange" reRender="acInfo" immediate="true"/>
                        </apex:inputField>
                </apex:repeat> 
            </apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Account and Contact Info"  collapsible="false" columns="1" rendered="{!IF(contains(Case.Service_Area__c, 'Chg Req'), true, false)}" id="acInfo">
                <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Case.FieldSets.Standard_Case_Account_Contact_Fields}" var="f">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!Case[f.fieldPath]}" required="(f.required, f.dbrequired)"/>
                </apex:repeat> 
            </apex:pageBlockSection>

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
The issue seems to be with the rendered condition that you have put in on the dependent pageblocksection:
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Account and Contact Info" collapsible="false" columns="1" rendered="{!IF(contains(Case.Service_Area__c, 'Chg Req'), true, false)}" id="acInfo">

What is happening here is this pageblocksection 'acInfo' is looking for a change in the value Case.Service_Area__c from the controller for it to be rendered, however, whenever you change the value of picklist in section 1, this change is all happening on the browser and not coming from the controller.

What you need to do is - add an action method on the page for on change such that it can change the value of Case.Service_Area__c in the controller so that this block is rendered

<apex:actionSupport event="onChange" reRender="acInfo" action="{!controllermethod}" immediate="true"/>