function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nuevo9763Nuevo9763 

external api call from process builder action

I have aprocess builder which is supposed to do 2 actions, an email alert and an api call to Gravity forms to post some data into Gravity Forms DB.Is it possible to make the api call from the action in process builder directly? So basically without involving any Apex class? I guess not but wanted to check. If it was aworkflow then in action you can select 'New Outbound message' which will give you a field to specify endpoint url? Is the similar thing possible in process builder?

I already have workflow rule for email alert, but since I also need to make this api call at the same instance I thought of using process builder. Is there any other better solution?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Nuevo9763
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Madhuri,

There is no way other than calling an Apex class in process builder to fire an external API call. Process builder doesn't have an equivalent to the outbound messages in Workflow rules.

Kindly mark it as an answer if that answers your query.

All Answers

Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Madhuri,

There is no way other than calling an Apex class in process builder to fire an external API call. Process builder doesn't have an equivalent to the outbound messages in Workflow rules.

Kindly mark it as an answer if that answers your query.
This was selected as the best answer
Nuevo9763Nuevo9763
Hi Anil,
thanks for you reply. I was thinking of process builder because I need to do both email alert and api call at that are based on the same criteria and need to happen simultaneously. What's the best way to make sure they happen at the same instance? If I write a class to make the api call, can I call that from workflow rule actions?
I tried to do that from workflow acions new outbound message, but I do not get access to Opportunity fields as my workflow rule was based on Lead object. I am confused as to what will be a proper solution.

Adam Zuckerman 3Adam Zuckerman 3
So this post is a little old, but there are actually AppExchange apps which allow an external api call from process builder and flow that woudl meet the user case called Declarative Webhooks (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3u00000MSv8REAT)