function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonny SimmoJonny Simmo 

Opening two different orgs in one browser issue?

Hello,

We have an issue where if we are logged into two different sandboxes within the same browser, when you log into the second sandbox as soon as you navigate or refresh in the previous browser tabs that were logged into the first sandbox they will switch to the second sandbox?
Hopefully that makes sense, so basically you can only be logged into one sandbox within the browser.

This is the same if using IE or Chrome.

However, we have two orgs and I have noticed that one of the orgs does NOT behave like this. So the question is how is this working differently, is there a setting that can be configured for this beahviour within the org?

Many thanks

Best Answer chosen by Jonny Simmo
Jonny SimmoJonny Simmo
Thank you for the replies.

I think I have worked out why this is happening for one of our orgs and not the other.

It is due to one of the orgs having a custom domain name. Under Setup/Domain Management/My Domain you can set a custom domain for your salesforce org, this is then used within all your orgs URL's.

For example:
Production has the domain name: abccompany
So the domain name is now: abccompany.my.salesforce.com

What this means when you create sandboxes is that they have domain names as below:
Dev sandbox named 'devbox':
abccompany--devbox.cs81.my.salesforce.com

Test sandbox named 'testbox'
abccompany--testbox.cs81.my.salesforce.com

So they effectively have different URL's now, hence there is no issue with crossover when logged into both in the same browser.

If you do not have the domain name then two sandboxes URL's can be identical so you get the crossover behaviour.

All Answers

Ariel GorfinkelAriel Gorfinkel
I do not know of a feature that allows you to log in to several orgs together within the same session, except for when I log in via an environment hub (then I can log in to as many orgs as I desire without them mixing up).
You can also use incognito window, if you do not wish to use the environment hub, or if one is not available to you, but this will only allow you to log in to 2 different orgs. I'd be happy to know of a setting that allows things to act differently.
Ariel GorfinkelAriel Gorfinkel
Available for partners...
https://partners.salesforce.com/s/education/general/Environment_Hub
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check the base URL of your org.

It look like first two org have same URL that is why

URL :- na1.salesforce.com
Jonny SimmoJonny Simmo
Thank you for the replies.

I think I have worked out why this is happening for one of our orgs and not the other.

It is due to one of the orgs having a custom domain name. Under Setup/Domain Management/My Domain you can set a custom domain for your salesforce org, this is then used within all your orgs URL's.

For example:
Production has the domain name: abccompany
So the domain name is now: abccompany.my.salesforce.com

What this means when you create sandboxes is that they have domain names as below:
Dev sandbox named 'devbox':
abccompany--devbox.cs81.my.salesforce.com

Test sandbox named 'testbox'
abccompany--testbox.cs81.my.salesforce.com

So they effectively have different URL's now, hence there is no issue with crossover when logged into both in the same browser.

If you do not have the domain name then two sandboxes URL's can be identical so you get the crossover behaviour.

This was selected as the best answer