function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Denise Maria FontaineDenise Maria Fontaine 

Build a suggestion box app - Modify the user Experience

When I got to Step 2, Add a compact layout, the Suggestion Category Field doesn't show. I did create this field, and it shows both in the list of fields on the object and in the detail page (see screenshots below). I wouldn't care because I'm confident it my understanding of the process, but I can't complete the module. 

It's in detail:
User-added image

And it's in the list of fields:
User-added image

But not in the list of fields for the compact layout:

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Denise Maria Fontaine
Charisse de BelenCharisse de Belen
Hi Denise and Yana,

Can you double check to make sure that the data type for the missing field is a picklist and not a multi-select picklist? According to this link (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=compact_layout_overview.htm&type=0), compact layouts don't support the following field types:
  • text area
  • long text area
  • rich text area
  • multi-select picklist

I hope this helps!

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

I tried for myself all the ways but I can see field Suggestion Category, and from your screenshot, it is very much clear that you have field.The only thing I can suggest you is to check field level security.

If that does not help you, then try to create the same thing in new DE org and see if have done anything wrong while creating fields.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Hmm. The field security settings are fine - and it seems to me that my time is better spent learning new things. So I guess I'll have to live without that badge. LOL
Yana KaradjovaYana Karadjova
Hi- Did anyone get this figured out? I am having the same issue with "status"
Charisse de BelenCharisse de Belen
Hi Denise and Yana,

Can you double check to make sure that the data type for the missing field is a picklist and not a multi-select picklist? According to this link (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=compact_layout_overview.htm&type=0), compact layouts don't support the following field types:
  • text area
  • long text area
  • rich text area
  • multi-select picklist

I hope this helps!
This was selected as the best answer
THAT WAS IT! Thanks a million.