function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karl HenselinKarl Henselin 

StandardValueSetTranslations retrieval causes UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION

Duplicate of
http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/156511/standardvaluesettranslation-retrieval-yields-an-unknown-exception

I get the following exception when I try to use the package.xml provided below to download my StandardValueSetTranslations.

UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1793346980-32505 (2087119523)
Package

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata"> <types> <members>*</members> <name>StandardValueSetTranslation</name> </types> <version>39.0</version> </Package>

I get a similar error when I try to perform a listMetadata() call with a query of type StandardValueSetTranslation:

Error
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1260064296-52856 (-419197380)
I tried both API 38 and 39 in the package and in the listMetadata() call. I tried with the salesforce_ant_38.0.zip and salesforce_ant_39.0.zip API jars.

All other objects I try to retrieve seem to work fine. The same package.xml for instance, changing StandardValueSetTranslation to StandardValueSet works for me with no error.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Karl,

Looking at the unknown exception, this looks like a GACk error which is produced by Salesforce server : 1260064296-52856 (-419197380)

Did a quick search iternally and I came across a similar case that R&D seems to be working on.Have you reached out to our support team for this same issue?

Would help if you could explain the exact steps you took to get this error, I can reach out to the support team to work on this issue with the details you provide(repro steps)

Karl HenselinKarl Henselin
I would love to work with someone on this, but I don’t believe that I have permission to make a support case. I have a developer site and a free trial site, and I don’t think either one allows me to make a ticket. I am not currently a partner. My goal with Salesforce doesn’t clearly fit into any of the 3 partner options. I work for a software company, and we are writing an integration with Salesforce, but it won’t be sold in the AppExchange. Steps to reproduce: I run a retrieve operation with this exact package.xml to my 39.0 dev sandbox in my free trial. * StandardValueSetTranslation 39.0 Or, it also produces a GACk UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 762153842-13620 (-419197380) when I run this code: public static void main(String[] args) throws FlexCheckedException, ConnectionException { ListObjects lo = new ListObjects(SANDBOX, USERNAME, PASS, 39.0, null); ListMetadataQuery[] query = new ListMetadataQuery[1]; query[0] = new ListMetadataQuery(); query[0].setType("StandardValueSetTranslation"); FileProperties[] x = lo.getMetadataConnection().listMetadata(query, 39.0); for (FileProperties anX: x) { System.out.println(anX); } } If I run it on my other orgs, which are on 38.0, then it works fine. Running in on the 39.0 sandbox but specifying 38.0 still fails. Thanks, Karl
satishkrsatishkr
I got this error after upgrading the ant-salesforce.jar from version 36.0 to 38.0. Just opened a case with Salesforce.