function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pooja biswaspooja biswas 

workflow field update on contact object

Hi
I have a workflow rules define on Contact object which will udpate a custom text feld to some default value
Then on the same object , I have a trigger which will update the custom text field when the record is inserted or edited.

will it result in error?

My answer is NO , but pls validate my point.

Thanks
Pooja
Best Answer chosen by pooja biswas
Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Pooja,

It will not result in an error. Instead the the trigger would override the value updated by the Workflow rule. Referring back to the order of executions I explained sometime back, this would happen because on the field update of a workflow rule it will run the trigger again (just once). Refer to the same point no 12 in the order of executions.

Kindly mark it as an answer if that resolves your query.

All Answers

Akhil AnilAkhil Anil
Hi Pooja,

It will not result in an error. Instead the the trigger would override the value updated by the Workflow rule. Referring back to the order of executions I explained sometime back, this would happen because on the field update of a workflow rule it will run the trigger again (just once). Refer to the same point no 12 in the order of executions.

Kindly mark it as an answer if that resolves your query.
This was selected as the best answer
pooja biswaspooja biswas
Hi akhil

Thanks

Kathleen KathleenKathleen Kathleen
Sale force developer has a website in which they have a discussion forum about work flow. It includes many active software topics that has applications and other boards. You can check https://www.easy-essay.org/essay-writing-help/ to learn more new things to related writing. Join their website for more information. Login your account for edition.