function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Troy StoneTroy Stone 

How do I add custom components to app builder?

This seems to be a widely discussed topic, and I am sort of embarrassed that I can't figure it out.   I've been able to replicate various portions of our web site in VF/APEX porting from PHP w/API.  I wanted to attempt to recreate other portions using the lightning environment.  In our org we have a long list of components, including several I downloaded. In the app builder, only the standards show.  Clicking My Domain shows a domain name, with step 4 highlighted.  I'm working in our developer sandbox which is a snapshot of prod.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/components_config_for_app_builder.htm

This part of the dev guide seems to indicate 3 steps - setting up a domain - which seems already done, Add a New Interface to Your Component, and Add a Design Resource to Your Component Bundle.  

It seems as if step 2 and 3 indicate creating code fragments that expose the component to the app builder somehow.  I'm having trouble understanding what needs to done to get the components to show up in the builder.  

If someone can give me even the slightest insight of what I am missing in concept here I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank  you.
Troy StoneTroy Stone
If I open one of the components in the dev console, each of the code blocks have (hidden) in them.  Do I need to add the "new interface" and "design resource" to the component in there?