function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tracy GokeyTracy Gokey 

need to add a fillable pdf to a page layout

After talking with saleforce support they directed me to the developer site here.  They told me there is a HACK that could make it work.   I added a pdf to a page layout.  It looks like it allows them to fill in information but won't allow them to click the submit button (which would bring up an email to send it to).  I am only an admin and have no developer skills so I am hoping someone can walk me through how to fix this.  
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
What do you use for your fillable PDF? (appexchange: Conga, S-Docs, an email template, a visualforce page with Adobe XFDF?)
Can you show a snapshot?
Tracy GokeyTracy Gokey
Hi Alain, we currently don't use anything.  Salesforce support said i just need a hack...whatever that means.  The form itself is opening fine but the submit button doesn't work. I attached a copy to refer to what I mean...User-added image
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi Tracy,

"Salesforce support said i just need a hack": ... and they still save all its mystery? If they have see this hack yet, they should have given you a more precise idea of it.

Your snapshot is interesting for visualising the form and the SUBMIT button. This form is not common (portal user registration and customized button).

A hack means that this form is put into an other component which can modify the content of the internal form (with javascript most of the time).
The container (a visualforce page?) will modify the final action of the submit button.

We don't know the exact case (scenario) for accessing this form (menu items). I cannot replicate your problem without it.

The URL can contain /apex/<visualforce page> or .jsp   

Here is my hack for a flow interview: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G000000XieBQAS

This is the common way for writting a hack that I know (embedded form/flow in a visualforce page using some javascript code).

Regards

Alain