function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
amahmamahm 

Webservice callout with certificate

Basically we want to make callouts to the clients server by using a .p12 file they gave us. We created a .jks out of it. Now Webservice call works fine in SoapUI with both .p12 and .jks files as the auth certificates - and we get back results. I could also upload the .jks into salesforce successfully but when i try to make a callout i get the following error:
System.CalloutException: IO Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Is it may be possible that the certificate is not signed properly so that salesforce is not supporting it - because if i view the certificate details with keytool - the "Issuer" is not listed in the following: https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Outbound_Messaging_SSL_CA_Certificates

Is there any constellation in which a certificate can have a Issuer which is not listed in the above link. Or is it Hard n Fast rule that a certificate has to be one of the above Issuer?