function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

giving access to only "cases" associated with "Account"

Hello,

I have an users who have profile "partner community", I want this profile to access only "cases" which are accociated to only 2 accounts.

How can i achieve this funcntionality ?
Best Answer chosen by Ab
UC InnovationUC Innovation
Hi Sandrine,

One way to accomplish this would be set  your OWD for cases to private, and set up a sharing rule for the partner community profile. This would mean that you have to think about all your other profiles and what sharing set up you would want for them as well, since making your OWD to private would mean only the case owner can see that particular case.

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sandrine,

Access to objects and records in Communities is controlled the same way access to objects and records is handled for internal users -- Profiles, Permission Sets, and Roles and Sharing Settings.  Here is a link to the Communities Implementation Guide which has a section that describes Community user access control: 
  Regards,
Nagendra.
Hi Sandrine,

One way to accomplish this would be set  your OWD for cases to private, and set up a sharing rule for the partner community profile. This would mean that you have to think about all your other profiles and what sharing set up you would want for them as well, since making your OWD to private would mean only the case owner can see that particular case.
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
I have a account>Asset>Case
the case created is linked to asset and account.
I have shared the account with the "set of users/roles"

Resuts:
1) user is able to see the assets accociated with the account
(Problem)***2)the user is not able to see the cases accociated with that account.

The owner of account, assets, cases is a system admin.

Why does the behavious is different in "case" and "assets"
Hi Sandrine,

What are your OWD settings for account, asset and case? You can see this by going to Setup->Sharing Settings under Organization-Wide Defaults.