function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam 

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: []

Hi,

I have used apex code to share the record with community user. While sharing the record to community user I am getting the below exception, That community user having full access.

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: []

RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Vijay,

Check if the record is shared with the user, sharing settings of the object.
For community users usually the internal records cannot be shared, which license are you using.

Regards
RD
Nishad KNishad K
Hi Vijay,
This error means that you are trying to do an operation which is not supposed to be done, or the operation you are about to perform is not permitted according to the Sharing and Security settings defined. This error message does NOT always mean that you lack access to do the operation, even though it might be the case sometimes. So, even if you are an ADMINISTRATOR you may get this message.

Ref the link: http://www.forcetree.com/2011/12/insufficientaccessoncrossreferenceentit.html

Regards,
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam
Hi,

I set the owd as private and the community user having read and edit access in the profile, Still I am getting the same exception. Is there any way to resolve my issue.

Thanks,
Vijay
Snehal HaseSnehal Hase
Hey..
did you solve this issue?can you please help me? I am facing same issue.What should I havre to do to solve this issue?