function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeepVDeepV 

Can I map custom field which is a auto number while importing

Hi,

I have an old system which as ID for a table and I have created auto number ID field for an object in salesforce. 
Can I map them while data importing? 

TIA
Best Answer chosen by DeepV
Nishad KNishad K
Hi Reddy,

Auto-number, Formula, and External ID fields will not show up in the list of available fields in the Data Loader for mapping. Since Auto-Number fields, Formula fields, and External ID fields are read-only fields that are not create-able or update-able.

For more information see  Auto-Number not available as external ID in Data Loader?

Note:
Any Fields which are not added to Page layout, those fields will not show up in Data Loader for mapping. Hence,all the fields must be added to any of the Page layout for Mapping.
Regards,

All Answers

Nishad KNishad K
Hi Reddy,

Auto-number, Formula, and External ID fields will not show up in the list of available fields in the Data Loader for mapping. Since Auto-Number fields, Formula fields, and External ID fields are read-only fields that are not create-able or update-able.

For more information see  Auto-Number not available as external ID in Data Loader?

Note:
Any Fields which are not added to Page layout, those fields will not show up in Data Loader for mapping. Hence,all the fields must be added to any of the Page layout for Mapping.
Regards,
This was selected as the best answer
Ramssf70Ramssf70
Hi Reddy,

Note: