function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajat Maheshwari 6rajat Maheshwari 6 

Scheduled job is showing in queued status

Hi,

I am feeling strange issue that, I have created scheduled job to run everyday at 09:00 AM to update the checkbox field on basis of pull out the records on filter criterion from salesforce database.

But Scheduled job page is showing next fire time for the job, but it stuck at queued status even it passed the date.

Please help me the same, 

Best Answer chosen by rajat Maheshwari 6
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rajat,

If you look in Setup | Monitoring | Apex Jobs you will see the results of jobs which have run. You can see there if there is an error message associated with the last scheduled run of this job. It's a good place to start investigations.

If your apex jobs view is very busy (lots of jobs) create a view to limit it to just the specific class you are interested in.

Tip: You may be able to catch this exception if you have try/catch block for the inner calls. If the schedule program catches the exception you can then program a retry.

For more information on the above issue please check with below links. Best Regards,
Nagendra.

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rajat,

If you look in Setup | Monitoring | Apex Jobs you will see the results of jobs which have run. You can see there if there is an error message associated with the last scheduled run of this job. It's a good place to start investigations.

If your apex jobs view is very busy (lots of jobs) create a view to limit it to just the specific class you are interested in.

Tip: You may be able to catch this exception if you have try/catch block for the inner calls. If the schedule program catches the exception you can then program a retry.

For more information on the above issue please check with below links. Best Regards,
Nagendra.
This was selected as the best answer

Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for your prompt response, 

I would like to let you know that, I have create the scheduled job from scratch, but the pain point is :- It got stuck in queued status in apex job.When the scheduled date got passed, I am able to see the next scheduled date in scheduled job page.

But In Apex job page, the class got stuck in queued. It's hardly a 5-10 lines of code which update the checkbox to true.I am not able to get to know the reason.

Note : - There is no any error, associated with debug log which I have opened to investigate the root cause.

Thanks

PRABHAKARAN CHOCKALINGAMPRABHAKARAN CHOCKALINGAM
Hi Rajat,
Have you figured out the issues? Could you share if you got one.
Thanks.
No Prabhakaran, I am not able to figure out the issue, It is still got stuck in queued status.

Thanks