function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sushma  RamakrishnanSushma Ramakrishnan 

Unable to View Dashboard on Home page when loggedin as Non Admin

Hi All,

I have a Dashboard in which the "View dashboard as :" is set as User whoes profile is System Admin.
Now issue is when a User with Non-System Admin Profile is logging in then he is not able to view the Dashbord in Home page.
The reason "View dashboard as :" is set to a User with System Admin Profile is its stopping us to get the right or overall information in Dashboard.

Thanks for Any & All Help in Advance...!
Best Answer chosen by Sushma Ramakrishnan
Hi All,

I enabled this Permission and it resolved my issue :
View Dashboards in Public Folders

Thanks!

All Answers

Saurabh BSaurabh B
Hi Sushma, access to Dashboard is controlled by Folders. The 'Non-System Admin' user you are referring to, does he or she have access to that dashboard folder ?
pkpnairpkpnair

Go to the reports tab. Check the folder where dash board and the corresponding reports are placed. Share the folder to the users you want to give access to. You can also create a public group of the users you want to share it to. 

Its normal to have Admin as the running user and let non-admin to see the dashboard, so this is not related to the profile.

Hi Saurabh B & how2salesforce,

Thanks for your replies & suggestions...!
The respective users have the access to the Dashboard Folder...!
Please let me know what else must be stopping them from Viewing it :
Error: This report cannot be used as the source for this component. If it is a summary or matrix report, add one or more groupings in the report. If it is a tabular report with a row limit, specify the Dashboard Settings in the report.

Thanks!
pkpnairpkpnair
Sushma,
You have to check this article and fix your dashboard.
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=Common-Dashboard-Component-Errors&language=en_US&type=1
pkpnairpkpnair
For a Summary or Matrix Format, you need to add one or more groupings in the report.
If the source report of the dashboard's component is in Summary format, please make sure that the Running User of the dashboard has at least "read only" access to the field that is used to summarize or group the report.
If the report is in a tabular format, please make sure that you click on the filters "add" drop down menu, click on "row limit" and then selected a row limit. After selecting the row limit, a button called  dashboard settings will appear next to the Run report button. Please select the Dashboard settings and save. The Running User of the dashboard has at least "Read Only" access to the fields specified in the Dashboard Settings of the source report as Name and Value.
Hi All,

I enabled this Permission and it resolved my issue :
View Dashboards in Public Folders

Thanks!
This was selected as the best answer