function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PreyankaPreyanka 

Can we edit standard salesforce report

Hello,

It is really helpful if someone clarifies below scenario:

1. Can we edit standard salesforce report.
2. Can we add bucket filter, field filter in standard report?

As per my understanding while we try to edit a standard report using customize button it will give us option to save the report in another name that is the clone of the standard report(we can refer it as custom report also) and the customization is not saved in the standard report. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hence is there any another way to edit standard report.

Thanks
Preyanka
Best Answer chosen by Preyanka
Saurabh BSaurabh B
Preyanka,
As explained in my origninal reply, Standard Report always act like a templates that cannot be changed. You will never be able to make any changes to Standard reports since Salesforce doesnt allow it. What you should be doing is after you create a bucket, save that report and re-open the report which you have saved. It will save your report to custom format and you will be open it with bucketed changes anytime in the future (and not open the standard report again, because its a template ... It will never reflect you bucketed changes.)

Please mark this as Best Answer if it helps you!

All Answers

Saurabh BSaurabh B
You are right, you won`t be able to modify properties of Standard Reports however you can create a fresh "Report Type" which will enable you make changes. Standard reports act as a template and will save no information about your report data. After you save a report, Salesforce generates your Report ID which stores all the information.

1. Can we edit standard salesforce report. - No, you cannot edit properites of Standard Reports
2. Can we add bucket filter, field filter in standard report? - yes, you should be able to do that

PreyankaPreyanka
Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your help.

I just wanted to know how we can add bucket filter in standard report.

Because if we want to customized a report to add bucket filter then we need to save it with a new name hence it seems like creating a custom report by cloning the standard one and we are not actually add the filter in actual standard report.

PreyankaPreyanka
Hi Anil,

Thanks for the link.

But when I click on customize button (to add a bucket field) in standard report called "Closed Opportunities" and try to save that, it give me option to save that with a name and a brand new report is created and after that when I open "Closed Opportunities" report again the bucket field is not there instead that is present in the new report. 
Saurabh BSaurabh B
Preyanka,
As explained in my origninal reply, Standard Report always act like a templates that cannot be changed. You will never be able to make any changes to Standard reports since Salesforce doesnt allow it. What you should be doing is after you create a bucket, save that report and re-open the report which you have saved. It will save your report to custom format and you will be open it with bucketed changes anytime in the future (and not open the standard report again, because its a template ... It will never reflect you bucketed changes.)

This was selected as the best answer
PreyankaPreyanka
Thanks for the explanation Saurabh.