function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SujjiSujji 

What Licenses are used for a Force.com app

I want to know what kind of licenses are used for an enterprise website developed using Force.com. How are the licenses used/assigned to users visiting the website. A User can visit the website as a guest or create an account. As we are not aware of how many users might visit the website, how are the licenses purchased?
Best Answer chosen by Sujji
Rahul_kumar123Rahul_kumar123
Hi Anil Nandan,
  • Customer Portal has functionality similar to Salesforce.com. With a Customer Portal, you can customize and deliver a visually stunning user interface to your customers, and use the following Salesforce.com features to help you and your customers succeed.

• Assume that you have created customer portal Example a Banking Application. And the customer will use the Application and Access and edit the data like transfer money or deposit money. how many licenses should provide to users will be known to the Bank management Accordingly, they will purchase the Licenses.
  I hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as solved.so they removed from unanswered questions.and more appear as the proper solution to similar kind of issue.

Best Regards
RahulKumar

All Answers

Hi Anil Nandan,

Salesforce Enterprise Edition:
  •  IN Enterprise Edition You can leverage 9 Standard User Profiles, but you also have the ability to clone a standard Profile and customize, or completely start from scratch.
  •  This gives you complete control to dictate what users can and cannot do inside Salesforce. You can give them the ability to only see the Apps, the Objects, and Fields they need access to.
  • You can give them the system settings they need, assign record types and page layouts to individual Profiles so that Salesforce is 100% optimized to their individualized job functions. 

•   Please refer below link for further reference  
   http://www.stratushub.com/blog-content/salesforce/professional-vs-enterprise-which-salesforce-license-do-you-really-need-part-1 (http://   http://www.stratushub.com/blog-content/salesforce/professional-vs-enterprise-which-salesforce-license-do-you-really-need-part-1 I hope it will be helpful)

I Hope it will be Helpful.

Please mark it as solved.so they removed from unanswered questions.and more appear as the proper solution to similar kind of issue.

Best Regards
RahulKumar
SujjiSujji
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for reply.

I think I confused you by mentioning Enterprise. I do not mean Salesforce enterprise edition.

If the website is designed in salesforce and people can just visit the website and access/edit the data, how do we assign license to them.

We can create a Guest profile and give permissions to all objects. But how to determine how many licenses we need.
Similarly, if we have standard profile, how to determine how many licenses we need.
Hi Anil Nandan,
  • Customer Portal has functionality similar to Salesforce.com. With a Customer Portal, you can customize and deliver a visually stunning user interface to your customers, and use the following Salesforce.com features to help you and your customers succeed.

• Assume that you have created customer portal Example a Banking Application. And the customer will use the Application and Access and edit the data like transfer money or deposit money. how many licenses should provide to users will be known to the Bank management Accordingly, they will purchase the Licenses.
  I hope it will be helpful.

Best Regards
RahulKumar
This was selected as the best answer