function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JimInSRQJimInSRQ 

Standard Clone button not visible on custom object

I have two custom objects, a parent and a child.  I have a requirement to be able to clone the child object record.  

• The Clone button is avialable when I edit the page layout, but is not visible on the live layout.
  • I have searched for a permission I may have missed but am having no luck.  
  • The child object records are not governed by record types.
  • I do not need a custom clone button, I simply want to clone the record and edit where required.
Looking forward to your response.

DixitDixit
Do you have the "create" permission in your profile for that custom object?
Ramssf70Ramssf70
Hi JimInSR,
es you can create a custom clone (button or link) which will set some fields to blank or another value as part of the cloning process.  The secret is to go to Customize / object / fields.  Choose each field you want to set to blank or another value.  Look at the URL and copy the unique identified for the field name: 00N70000002Ypnl?setupid=CampaignFields.   Do this for all the fields you want to modify in the clone process.

Now build your new URL statement by supplying the clone

/{!Campaign.Id}/e?clone=1&retURL=%2F{!Campaign.Id}
&00N70000002YpJC=
&00N70000002YpJH=
&00N70000002Yrjl=

As Greg stated, have the = sign with nothing after it translates into blank.  If you want to assign another value to the field when you link it (i.e. "Clone of") get the URL for the "Clone of" field, include it in the code above and put the new value in quotes after the = sign.

Salesforce can be frustrating, but it can also be fun.
JimInSRQJimInSRQ

Dixit, 

The create permission is there, the button is not available for even the admin.  I suspect that I missed something when creating the custom object.

Ramssf70,

I would much rather use the default clone button.  Are you able to point me in that direction?

Thanks

David Huddleston 1David Huddleston 1
Same problem here any ideas?
Pratibha Singh 45Pratibha Singh 45
Standard clone button is not visible in case record page. Even it is added in page layout for that record type.Any suggestion?
Patrick LafrenierePatrick Lafreniere
I found a solution in case this is still an issue. Under Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions in the Page Layout, if you select the Override to customize (wrench icon) on the right the Clone button will dissapear, even if the Clone button is available in the Standard Buttons section.

If you want the Clone button to show up, these two criteria must be met:
1. The Clone button is available in the Standard Buttons section
2. You must Revert to Mobile Action Defaults (click the arrow pointing left)

Click Revert to Mobile Action Default