function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
akkkakkk 

is it possible that we we set the role hierarchy permission ?

hi

i have a Seniro that on Hirerarchy top to lower like top label to assign Manager and buttom level assign to sales person
1- if the sale person record is private then is it possible that all data to see the Manager ?? because manager on the top level ?
2 - can i set the  private sales person data for the Manager ?
3- can i wriete a sharing rule for the buttom to top ?

thanks
aqleem
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Aqleem,

Please find the information below.

Grant Access Using Hierarchies: If this option is enabled all the users who are standing above you in the role hierarchy can access all the records that are accessible or visible to you.

This option is by default enabled for all standard objects.On the custom objects, you have the option to choose enable or disable.

There is no need of writing a sharing rule for the above requirement.Sharing rules are used to grant extra access on the records apart from what user is already getting through OWD.

Note:Once this option is enabled anyone in the role hierarchy will not be able to access the records.

If you want the records should not be accessed to the manager profile in the role hierarchy and you want all others in the hierarchy to access the records then you can create a public group with all the users except the manager.

For more information please check with below help document.
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=security_controlling_access_using_hierarchies.htm&language=en&type=0

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as solved if the information helps so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering similar issue.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.

akkkakkk
Hi
Nagendra
my question is that  
can i wriete a sharing rule for the buttom to top ? on the Hierarchies Level like top to buttom, manager on the top and customer on buttom  and  customer does not want to  share data with the Manager, is it possible or not ??

Hi Aqleem,

Assuming that you have two users

1)Sales executive
2)Manager

You don't want to show the sales executive data to the manager, correct me if I am wrong.If that is your requirement may I request why would you write a sharing rule?

Reagrds,
Nagendra.

akkkakkk
hi Nagendra
just like that
1 ) Manager on role Hierarchie on the top level
2 ) sales person on role Hierarchie on buttom level
 is it possible that sales peson deost not want to share data with the Manager is it possible ?

Note:- According to role hierarchie top level can see the data of the buttom.

Thanks
Hi Aqleem,

Please find the below navigation and disable the option as shown in the screenshot below.

Setup==>Administer==>Security Controls==>Sharing Setting==>OWD==>Disable the check box and click on save.
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

By doing the above your requirement will be fulfilled.

Please mark this as solved if it helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.