function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kshannonkshannon 

Heroku and Salesforce sync Read only from Postgres as truth to salesforce

I apologize if this has already been asked, tried searching with no luck. I have already connected a lighter weight version of our Postgres data to salesforce via REST API bulk uploading, but have some issues with keeping up to sync easily. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with read only from Postgres (possibly even data clips?) in order to update Salesforce. Everything seems to be more salesforce as truth focused, but we're looking to bring app data as truth into salesforce instead.

Example if our users table email updates, we'd want to update the associated email on the person account, etc.. seems simple just looking for an experienced voice on how they did this without costing a fortune and using old ETL strategies and or tons of single API calls.

Thanks for all and any advice!
Boris FrankBoris Frank
Hi! You can use Skyvia (https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-salesforce-heroku-postgres) to sync Salesforce and Heroku Postgres without coding. Skyvia will track changes in the synchronized data sources and update data automatically. You can set the frequency of data updates — for example, once a minute.