function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hsidokhsidok 

Currency Conversion Rete

Hi,

In my SFDC Org using Multi Currency (USD & EUR).

Is that possible to implement, like conversion rate will be applicable / restricted based on Record Type?

Please let me know.
pkpnairpkpnair
In 1 SFDC org, there is only one currency conversion provided. If you want custom solution , you need an custom object to store the different rates and your record types can have formula fileds to convert the currencies using these rates.
hsidokhsidok
Only, we have to go for 'custom object' solution?. Is there any other ways to implement this. Please let me know.
pkpnairpkpnair
What is your use case?
hsidokhsidok
Actually, I have an Opportunity, Lead, Contact, Account Object (with 5 Record Types). Already we have set conersion rate. Yet to change the new conversion rate, but it will apply for only one type of Record Type.
pkpnairpkpnair
You can not different rates for differernt records types for account. You will need a custom solution.
hsidokhsidok
So, Custom Solutions means, instead of going to change the conversion rate, the new conversion rate will maintain in custom object and apex code to update the Objects currency fields?.

Please let me know clearly.
pkpnairpkpnair
Yes, If you use standard currency fields, it will internally use the native currency conversions. You will have to keep your custom rates in a custom object. And then use a new field on the account to convert the amount using this exchange rate. You would not need apex code, you can use process/flows(or may be just formulas, depending upon the object relationship with Account) to populate the converted amount. Remeber, if you use native currency fields, it will use the native conversion rate too. So, may be you have use Number fields to hold the currencies. 
hsidokhsidok
Thank for response. Let me discuss with my team, about this solutions.