function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jadden ResendizJadden Resendiz 

I am creating an unmanaged package, and can I add a component for certain fields to be visible on a profile level, such as going to field accessibility and adding those rights?

LBKLBK
Best practice here is to add a permission set of your own in the package, with all the necessary permissions.

And, after installing the package, assign the permission set to all the users who need access to your components.
I can add a permission set yes, but I am specifically seeing if I could make certain standard fields to be set set to visible such as in the section Field Accessibility. I am not sure it's possible after much trial and error.
In order for a particular tool i have to work, it requires that certain standard fields in salesforce are set to 'Visible' on the profile levle in order for me to be able to pull information to the tool. 

I am trying to see if I could save my customers time from having to manually set these fields to visible on the profile level. I am willing to do this as a permission set, just need to get this figured out! if possible. 
LBKLBK
The only problem in doing it in Profile is that your End Users may be using a veriety of profiles and some of them (Standard Profiles) are not editable, even for the Administrators.
I followed the advice to create a permission set which would work and do what i want it to. So i created this unmanaged package in one devorg and then imported it successfully in another devorg. However, the permissions set i created and added to the package did not save the object permissions I created on the account I installed the new package on.

When I checked the permissions, everything was blank, but this is how I set it up on the org where the package was generated from
User-added image

Did I do something wrong here to make it not save when it's part of an unmanaged package?