function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adam DanielAdam Daniel 

How can I unlock Apex for editing?

Hi, all - We had an outside firm code some custom Apex in our Salesforce instance. I need to add to that code so some new fields I've created are included in its functionality. I found the code, and I'm 99% sure I can edit it myself, but there's no Edit button. We have enterprise accounts - no sandbox, etc. Do I need an outside developer just to unlock the Apex? Thanks.
Rohit B ☁Rohit B ☁
Hi Adam,
Are you trying to edit your apex directly on Production? If you are trying to so then let me tell you that you can't edit apex on Production.
You need to edit your apex code into Sandbox or simply non-production org then migrate that code to production with proper test coverage.
Adam DanielAdam Daniel
We don't have a sandbox, so how can I edit in a non-production org? What's that process? Adam Daniel Meridith Baer Home c 310.985.4725 o 310.204.5353 f 310.204.5453 adam@meridithbaer.com meridithbaer.com This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message, and all copies of it, from your computer.