function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike ArthurMike Arthur 

Self Signed Certificate about to expire - what action do I need to take?

Hi,

I have a notification that self signed certificate is about to expire.  I have checked out other threads on here but they didn't give a complete answer.  I have followed the help article here https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=security_keys_creating.htm&type=0&language=en_US
but do I need to create a new one?  One of the threads mentioned renewing the expiring one.  Any action needed on whatever system is using the certificate?

Many Thanks,
Mike.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mike,

You need to download the CSR of your existing cert, sign it, and then re-upload it.  You should not need to notify any system assuming you are using the same CA as you did originally.

For more information please check with below link Please let us know if you are looking for anything else.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Mike ArthurMike Arthur
Hi Nagendra, This is a self signed cert, not a ca signed cert. It looks like the process is different. I renamed the expiring one and created a new self signed cert with the same name as the original. Hopefully that will keep things running. Thanks, Mike.
Randi Thompson 22Randi Thompson 22
Mike, did just creating a new self signed cert work for you? Like you, I can't seem to find a complete answer about the self signed certs. Wondering if your org ran into any issues. Thanks!
Mike ArthurMike Arthur
Hi Randi, Nothing bad seems to have happened so I guess it worked 😊 Thanks, Mike.