function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sridhar RamamoorthySridhar Ramamoorthy 

Account Hierarchy in Salesforce Lightning

Hi All,

How to fix an Account Hierarchy in Lighting Exp. In my developer org, I can able to see the "Account Hierarchy" option, please check out this link (https://www.screencast.com/t/61X35XYI8). Whereas in my production org, I can't able to see the (little upside down triangle) option, check this link (https://www.screencast.com/t/QUEqGOEWXS).

Looks pretty weird, am I missing anything here? If this issue because of winter '17 or spring '17 release, then please suggest me any workarounds?

Thank you all!
Best Answer chosen by Sridhar Ramamoorthy
Priyankar PakhiraPPPriyankar PakhiraPP
Hi Sridhar

First please can you go in the Object Manager (from Quick Fund) then click on Account object now go to Button,Links and Actions. Now you can check if you can see the View Account Hierarchy (as below image) or not?

User-added image
Now If you are not able to see this then please raise a incident with Salesforce. (Idially if your production is in Spring 17 then you should see this). Because this features has been included in Spring'17 release.

If you can see View Account Hierarchy please go through below steps:

1. Go to the Account Layout (check it out your layout name maybe you rename the Account Layout ) and click on the respective Account layout.
2. You can see something like below layout properties

User-added image
3. Click on Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience (left hand side of Layoutproperties) then you can get the Salesforce1 and Lightning Experince Action.

4. Overide that actions and drag the View Account Hieracrhy from Layout properties (you can also drag other actions if you need) to Salesforce1 and Lightning Experince Action. 

5. Save it.

Now go to the Account details and check if you can see it or not.

Please let me know it is working or not.

Happy Lightning learning :)

All Answers

Priyankar PakhiraPPPriyankar PakhiraPP
Hi Sridhar

First please can you go in the Object Manager (from Quick Fund) then click on Account object now go to Button,Links and Actions. Now you can check if you can see the View Account Hierarchy (as below image) or not?

User-added image
Now If you are not able to see this then please raise a incident with Salesforce. (Idially if your production is in Spring 17 then you should see this). Because this features has been included in Spring'17 release.

If you can see View Account Hierarchy please go through below steps:

1. Go to the Account Layout (check it out your layout name maybe you rename the Account Layout ) and click on the respective Account layout.
2. You can see something like below layout properties

User-added image
3. Click on Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience (left hand side of Layoutproperties) then you can get the Salesforce1 and Lightning Experince Action.

4. Overide that actions and drag the View Account Hieracrhy from Layout properties (you can also drag other actions if you need) to Salesforce1 and Lightning Experince Action. 

5. Save it.

Now go to the Account details and check if you can see it or not.

Please let me know it is working or not.

Happy Lightning learning :)

This was selected as the best answer
Sridhar RamamoorthySridhar Ramamoorthy
Beautiful explanation. Got, what I wanted, thank you Priyankar!