function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven Vawdrey 13Steven Vawdrey 13 

Related List not showing up in roll-up object

We use a custom Sales Order object where sales orders can be created directly from Accounts or from Opportunities on the Accounts. I need to place a validation rule on our Opportunity object based on whether or not a sales order has been created. When I try to create a roll-up summary custom field, the Sales Order (related list object) is not an option to select in the Summarized Object picklist. How can I make the sales order display in the picklist? Or, is there another way to determine if a sales order has been created from the opportunity?
Best Answer chosen by Steven Vawdrey 13
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Hi Steven,

1. You coudl try to Use VLookup function if it works to check if Sales Order exists or not
2. Create a Custom Field for Count and use Process Builder or Trigger to populate the count and use this field in Validation.
3. There is Package Called Rollup Helper which helps you to do 2nd in quick configurations. You coudl try that.

Thanks
Shashikant

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
Hi Steven,

1. You coudl try to Use VLookup function if it works to check if Sales Order exists or not
2. Create a Custom Field for Count and use Process Builder or Trigger to populate the count and use this field in Validation.
3. There is Package Called Rollup Helper which helps you to do 2nd in quick configurations. You coudl try that.

Thanks
Shashikant
This was selected as the best answer
Steven Vawdrey 13Steven Vawdrey 13
Rollup Helper does exactly what needed to accomplish here. Thanks so much for the suggestion, Shashikant!