function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeffrey Rheel 1Jeffrey Rheel 1 

Module estimated time seems very low compared to actual time spent.

Maybe it's just me and I'm just slow but does anyone else feel the estimated times are very low for the actual amount of time they take?  For instance I just completed one for Apex Testing and it claims it would take approximately 15 minutes.  It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes.   To actually read and comprehend this, plus many actual classes to create and read though...15 minutes seems very ambitious.  

While I have no problem putting in more time, it's a bit diheartening to see the entire badge is estimated at 45 minutes and the first module takes me twice that time.  It makes it a bit difficult to get an idea when a Trail estimates 17+ hours what that really means.  Again, maybe it's just me but wanted other opinions.  

Anyway, just a discussion and not an issue.  Thanks!
Chris Widstrom 1Chris Widstrom 1
Tell me about it. It just took me more than an hour to finish a module with an estimated time of 20 min. I assume they do this to make it seem like you can earn the certificates in a short time frame or the time frame is simply the time it takes to speed read the module. Whatever the reason, I think its disingenuous. Its better to not show a time estimate at all.