function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lisa RunionLisa Runion 

Collect Information Challenge Close Date Error

I'm trying to complete the "Collect Information from Users and then Operate on It with Visual Workflow" challenge and am running into issues with the Close Date field. I've done a lot of searching, but even when I use the correct formula, I'm getting the below error message. Could anyone tell me why I can't get my flow to run?

Thank you for your help!

User-added image
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Lisa Runion
Norm GilbertNorm Gilbert
This entire challenge is buggy. You can pass the challenge with any kind of flow as long as you have created a Visualforce Page named FlowPage.

My flow sorta kinda works. It creates an account and it creates a contact but they are not related. Tried to add the Account field to the Contact record but it is not an available field to populate.

The Opportunity is never created, although I figured out how to present the user with a pick list of all possible stages during data entry with prospecting being the default.

Finally, here I was able to see how to create a close date 30 days in the future.

Apparently, the Opportunity Amount is never used in the Flow Challenge.

Whoever wrote this module did a terrible job.

All Answers

sagarika bsagarika b
Hi ,

DATE(CurrentDate)+1 gives you a date that’s one day after the CurrentDate.
Try this formula​
{!$Flow.CurrentDate} + 30

Hope it helps you

Thanks
Sagarika

Norm GilbertNorm Gilbert
This entire challenge is buggy. You can pass the challenge with any kind of flow as long as you have created a Visualforce Page named FlowPage.

My flow sorta kinda works. It creates an account and it creates a contact but they are not related. Tried to add the Account field to the Contact record but it is not an available field to populate.

The Opportunity is never created, although I figured out how to present the user with a pick list of all possible stages during data entry with prospecting being the default.

Finally, here I was able to see how to create a close date 30 days in the future.

Apparently, the Opportunity Amount is never used in the Flow Challenge.

Whoever wrote this module did a terrible job.
This was selected as the best answer
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hi Norm - I also replied to you in the other thread that you posted. As mentioned in my other post, I agree there are some gaps in the content and that the challenge should be improved, and I'll work with our team on both the content and the challenge. My apologies for the experience you had with this unit.
Lauren HerreraLauren Herrera
I am trying to complete the Trailhead for this too: Process Automation: Collect Information on a User and then Operate on it with Visualforce. I have worked so hard and it is working!! I have it on the home page and it works but I am getting this error message:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find the 'New Customer Flow' flow in the default Home Page.

Any ideas for me?
Aik Meng SeowAik Meng Seow
Hi Chris, 
I'm also facing the same issue as Lauren.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find the 'New Customer Flow' flow in the default Home Page.

I have attempted this module a few times (deleting & recreating) with no success.  :(
Salesforce AnswersSalesforce Answers
This video shows how to make the flow and to make it the default home page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7RyZbFQQ8w

-- Salesforce Answers