function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vidya Deo 9Vidya Deo 9 

While using StandardController how to prevent some fields from not saving while using standard save method

I use StandardController save method to save record like stdController.save();. 
My page has button to do async call (implemented using Queueable)  that updates 4 fields of that record. 
When user initiates action to invoke async method, system displays message with a way for user to refresh the fields and these fields are not editable.

It is not manadatory for user to refresh the data, and he may continue to edit the record and save.

As I use StandardController save method, and these fileds are present on page, and there is no method availabe to remove fields before save,
it is overwriting page data.

My requirement is, if Async call is completed, retain that data, and don't let page data to overwrite.

I don't want to write custom save method, but prevent overwriting.
Is there any way to indicate or remove fields from standardController before save, 
As addfileds method is present, I am looking for removefield method before save.

Agustina GarciaAgustina Garcia
I'm afraid that standard save will save all that it will find in the screen. Any strong reason to not create a custom save method?