function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tanner RussellTanner Russell 

Apex testing global or user locale changes

I have been assigned with making sure nothing breaks while changing the global and user locale from english canada to english USA. From my understanding nothing would break during the change and it might not even be possible to test this? Any sudgestions on this? could somthing go wrong if so any recomendations on how to test this?  
Best Answer chosen by Tanner Russell
Cloud AtlasCloud Atlas
Hey Tanner,

Pay attention to following features....
Locale will affect default currency and so probably will the default currency ISO code.
This might affect currency calculations
Now I have never changed locale from Canada to US but I have done it for UK and USA and I had to make sure that all default currency calculation weren't affectced.
Plus, if the profiles in your org have login hours specified, the locale setting might affect that as well because the default Timezone will get affected.

Now I must confess that I did it some time back and these features might not be needing any edits in 2017 .
But since you asked, I wanted to  assist with what ever I could remember.
I hope this info is of some use to you.

Do post when you do make the change, for everyone, to find out what challenges, if any, you had to face.
All the best.

Cheers!

All Answers

Cloud AtlasCloud Atlas
Hey Tanner,

Pay attention to following features....
Locale will affect default currency and so probably will the default currency ISO code.
This might affect currency calculations
Now I have never changed locale from Canada to US but I have done it for UK and USA and I had to make sure that all default currency calculation weren't affectced.
Plus, if the profiles in your org have login hours specified, the locale setting might affect that as well because the default Timezone will get affected.

Now I must confess that I did it some time back and these features might not be needing any edits in 2017 .
But since you asked, I wanted to  assist with what ever I could remember.
I hope this info is of some use to you.

Do post when you do make the change, for everyone, to find out what challenges, if any, you had to face.
All the best.

Cheers!

This was selected as the best answer
Tanner RussellTanner Russell
Thanks I will check those out sounds like a good thing to look into!