function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Serena SchultzSerena Schultz 

Update visual workflow to create account from contact and then reassign contact to new account

Hi Everyone,

Recently we've integrated with an event marketing platform which will sync with Salesforce and create a Contact if someone registers for an event and they are not already a Contact in our instance of SF. This is great, except that the platform requires that we specify what Account they be mapped to which is leading to a bunch of folks being added to an Orphaned Event Registrant Account.

I've been tasked with creating an automation which will create a new Account record from the platform-created Contact record, and then reassign the Contact to the newly created Account. I'm trying to do this via a PB that initiates a Visual Workflow.

So far, I've been able to lookup all of the Contacts which are related to the Orphaned Event Registrant Account and create Accounts for them, but I cannot get the Contacts to then reassign to the new Accounts. I've tried adding Wait element. I've tried going directly to the Contact Update, but in both instances I'm getting a flow error that states that "The flow failed to access the value for CventAccount.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned." 

Theoretically I could add Wait element after the Accounts are created, but I'm not sure how to then Look Up those new Accounts.

Here's what I've got right now...
User-added image

I've read that you can reference previous Fast Creates, etc. later in your flow, and I've noticed that if I add a Wait element after creating the accounts and then add a Fast Lookup to find the Accounts again I have the option of selecting my Fast Create element within the filter... but I can't find any documentation around how to use it properly.
User-added image

Any thoughts would be most welcome - I feel like I'm missing something obvious!

Thank you!
Serena