function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Randy OttRandy Ott 

Lightning force:inputField with filter issue

I have a lightning component that uses the force:inputField element for a lookup.  The lookup field has a filter applied to it.  I have the filter field displayed on my component, but when I set the value and type into the lookup box, no data is returned.  If I remove the filter from the field, I do get results back.

Here is my lightning component.
<aura:component controller="LocationController" >
    <aura:handler event="c:newClassCodePayrollEvent" action="{!c.showModal}"/>

<aura:attribute name="classCodePayroll" type="ClassCodePayroll__c" default="{ 'sobjectType': 'ClassCodePayroll__c' }"/>
    <aura:attribute name="locationId" type="String" default=""/>
    <aura:attribute name="state" type="String" default=""/>

<force:outputField aura:id="locationId" value="{!v.classCodePayroll.Location__c}" class="slds-hide"/>

<div class="slds">
        <div aria-hidden="true" role="dialog" class="slds-modal slds-fade-in-hide" aura:id="newClassCodePayrollDialog">
            <div class="slds-modal__container">
                <div class="slds-modal__header">
                    <h2 class="slds-text-heading--medium">New Class Code Payroll</h2>
                    <lightning:buttonIcon class="slds-button slds-button--icon-inverse slds-modal__close" iconName="utility:close" alternativeText="Close" onclick="{!c.hideModal}"/>
                </div>
                <div class="slds-modal__content slds-p-around--medium">
                    <div class="slds-grid slds-grid--pull-padded-medium">
                        <div class="slds-col slds-p-horizontal--medium">
                            <ui:outputText class="slds-form-element__label" value="State"/>
						    <force:inputField aura:id="stateInput" value="{!v.classCodePayroll.State__c}"/>
                            <ui:outputText class="slds-form-element__label" value="Class Code"/>
                            <force:inputField aura:id="classCode" value="{!v.classCodePayroll.ClassCodeT__c}"/>
                        </div>
                        <div class="slds-col slds-p-horizontal--medium">
                            <lightning:input label="Estimated Payroll" name="estimatedPayroll" value="{!v.classCodePayroll.EstimatedPayroll__c}"/>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </div>
                <div class="slds-modal__footer">
                    <button class="slds-button slds-button--neutral" onclick="{!c.hideModal}">Cancel</button>
                    <button class="slds-button slds-button--brand" onclick="{!c.save}">Save</button>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
        <div class="slds-backdrop slds-backdrop--hide" aura:id="backdrop"></div>	
    </div>
</aura:component>

The lookup field is:
<force:inputField aura:id="classCode" value="{!v.classCodePayroll.ClassCodeT__c}"/>

And the filter field is:
<force:inputField aura:id="stateInput" value="{!v.classCodePayroll.State__c}"/>

Here is an image of the component WITHOUT the filter on the field - which does return results. (Notice two "5552" results for different states)
No Filter Applied

Here is what it looks like when I apply the filter:
With Filter

And finally, here is the standard salesforce create window. Note that the filter is applied correctly.
Standard Create
Sagar MadkaikarSagar Madkaikar
Hi Randy,

Did you find any solution for this?

I am facing the same issue.

Please let me know if there is any fix available for this.

Regards,
Sagar
Randy OttRandy Ott
It was never resolved. Randy Ott Vice President of Technology P: 402.378.7564
Deeksha Singhal 2Deeksha Singhal 2
Facing same issue !!
PRASHANT DWIVEDI 3PRASHANT DWIVEDI 3

Hi Randy, Sagar, Deeksha,

Did anyone of u are able to fix the issue as I am also facing the similar issue. Thank u 

ranjit_1992ranjit_1992
Im facing the same issue.Im using recordEditForm and Lightning:inputField.
Shelby Inloes 9Shelby Inloes 9
Still having this issue. It's a big blocker for us.
jprichterjprichter
Looks like this is still an issue as of Spring '20.