function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eric PohlabelEric Pohlabel 

Process flow fails: "myVariable_current.Account.RecordType.Name because it hasn't been set or assigned" - How can the RecordType not be assigned??

I have a Process flow that starts with a Case but criteria such that it should only run when the associated Account is a particular RecordType.  I am getting error reports that  "The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.RecordType.Name because it hasn't been set or assigned."  I don't understand how there can be an Account without a RecordType - even if the RecordType wasn't explicitly set when the Account was created - (such as having been converted from a Lead) the Account would still have the default RecordType.
Best Answer chosen by Eric Pohlabel
Greg CooganGreg Coogan
The Case record that caused this Process to fail, does it have an Account specified? That error on RecordType would occur if you had no record type and you didn't have a condition in the Process for when the Account lookup is null.

All Answers

Greg CooganGreg Coogan
The Case record that caused this Process to fail, does it have an Account specified? That error on RecordType would occur if you had no record type and you didn't have a condition in the Process for when the Account lookup is null.
This was selected as the best answer
Eric PohlabelEric Pohlabel
Thanks Greg!  I have added Case.AccountID isNull = False as a criteria to prevent this.  Fingers crossed!