function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IFlashIFlash 

Lightning App Builder Save Problem

I'm trying to make a simple change to Case Management record page (add tab)
I go to Lightning App Builder make the change, press save and it shows saved. When I go back to Lightning App Builder main page in setup I see that Last Modified changes
I go back to the page and the changes are not there.
I tried to create a new page instead and got more or less the same result. The header is saved ok the rest is not saved
Any idea what could be the problem?

Best Answer chosen by IFlash
Charisse de BelenCharisse de Belen
Yes, in your screenshot, it says "Add Component(s) Here". This means those tabs are empty, and App Builder will not save empty tabs. You will need to drag components from the left sidebar into those tabs. I recommend using the Related Lists component for the Related tab and the Record Detail component for the Details tab.

User-added image

All Answers

Hello,

Make sure that the page in App Builder is Activated. Depending on what exactly you are trying to edit, you may also have the edit the Page Layout of the object you are trying to modify.
IFlashIFlash
Its all activated and I been doing it a lot so it’s not supposed to be a problem
​I think I managed to narrow the problem to Tabs
If I do some other changes but Tabs it saves ok
As soon as I add/change tabs its not saving

Make sure that when you add a new tab that you also add a new component to that tab. Otherwise, App Builder will see the tab is empty and not save it.

For example, if you are adding a Details tab, drag the Record Detail component into the Details tab.

I hope this helps!
IFlashIFlash
I’m doing something very basic
My Right sidebar is empty
I put Tabs in there and by default it contains Related and Details
I save it , the last changed date is changing, but when I edit this page again its gone

User-added image
Yes, in your screenshot, it says "Add Component(s) Here". This means those tabs are empty, and App Builder will not save empty tabs. You will need to drag components from the left sidebar into those tabs. I recommend using the Related Lists component for the Related tab and the Record Detail component for the Details tab.

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Jaume Juanos 8Jaume Juanos 8
Looks like there's a known bug:

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A00000185czQAA

But unfortunately the suggested workaround doesn't work for me, they say you have to wait "a few seconds" in order to save the changes but after waiting "a few minutes" the changes haven't been saved.

This also prevents users to succed on the page record lightning Trailhead module.
Kristi Ward 19Kristi Ward 19
The Tabs are NAMED Related and Details by default. You still have to add a component of some type to each tab, or it will not save. They are empty tabs when you add them.
Priya ChimalgiPriya Chimalgi
@Charisse de Belen saved my day. Thank you