function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Denise Maria FontaineDenise Maria Fontaine 

How can I delete my Trailhead org and create a new one? Or a second one?

I'm having some issues and the response was to try a new org - how do I do that and link it to my Trailhead account?
Best Answer chosen by Denise Maria Fontaine
Charisse de BelenCharisse de Belen
Hi Denise,

You do not need to delete your current org in order to create a new one. You just need to sign up for a new developer edition by clicking here: https://developer.salesforce.com/signup and then from the Trailhead challenge (using the same account you've already been using), click on the "Launch your hands-on org" button and click on "Log into a Developer Edition".

You can also create a new Trailhead Playground by clicking on the "Launch your hands-on org" button and clicking "Create a Trailhead Playground". This is much easier than creating a new Developer Edition.

I would like to know, however, which module you were working on and what the error was. Did your error look like this?:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge.

If so, this error usually pops up when the Trailhead team has not created a more specific error message for the challenge. It's very likely that you just missed a small step and the issue can be fixed. I would be happy to help you find your error if you give me more details about what you were working on.

All Answers

Hi Denise,

You do not need to delete your current org in order to create a new one. You just need to sign up for a new developer edition by clicking here: https://developer.salesforce.com/signup and then from the Trailhead challenge (using the same account you've already been using), click on the "Launch your hands-on org" button and click on "Log into a Developer Edition".

You can also create a new Trailhead Playground by clicking on the "Launch your hands-on org" button and clicking "Create a Trailhead Playground". This is much easier than creating a new Developer Edition.

I would like to know, however, which module you were working on and what the error was. Did your error look like this?:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge.

If so, this error usually pops up when the Trailhead team has not created a more specific error message for the challenge. It's very likely that you just missed a small step and the issue can be fixed. I would be happy to help you find your error if you give me more details about what you were working on.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks so much for your response, Charisse! I wasn't getting that error. A description of my issue can be found at https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G000000IB8P#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=9060G000000I2e7QAC
If you have any ideas, I'd be happy to try them - otherwise, I'll create a new org. 
Denise, I went ahead and posted a response on the other thread so that other people can find it. If that's not the issue and it's not a field-level/assignment issue, then I would go ahead and create a new Trailhead Playground and try again.
Thanks much!
geoffrey bauergeoffrey bauer
After signing up for a new dev edition with 5 different passwords...I have not seen Analytics included yet. I do have lots of sandboxes now!