function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eliot RojasEliot Rojas 

Files List Component

Hello everyone,

I some doubts about Lightning Components/File libraries in which some internet research haven't helped me solve. But I think is mostly based around file libraries/lightning.. 
​I'll explain with help of the next image.. 
User-added image

User-added image
User-added image

(1) Functionality I would like to use inside of communities, it is already built inside force.com and actually works inside the Communities as a built-in Lightning component (2), but what I am looking for is to customize the sidebar (Owned by Me, Shared with Me, .. Libraries) to make it look a bit more like (3) where Folders would filter the content of files list and document Tags would serve as filters too..

So the main question is:
Is it possible to customize that existing component? I know how to query documents and folders (with ContentDocument & ContentFolder object) in Apex but, building that functionality (folders with nested folders/child elements) from scratch seems like a laborious task, that's why I'm asking, if there is a shorter route to this.

I tried some reverse engineering using Chrome's Lightning Component Inspector and found that some of the components like <forceContent:filesManager/> and others used by Files List component are not even accesible/available in development because I get FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION  "Failed to save undefined: No COMPONENT named filesManager found: Source" I've already research about any existing lightning component that would do the trick but can't find one, makes me think of that component as managed component? therefore not customizable?, is there a better way to achieve this?

Any tips, recommendations or questions are welcomed!
Thanks for your time.
Eliot.
Dev BoorlaDev Boorla
Hi,

I agree with you regarding building from scrath. I haven't heard about being able to customize lightning component. Info on Files API can be found below: 

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.chatterapi.meta/chatterapi/connect_resources_files.htm

Best,