function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner 

namespace hands-on org

So are start doing some beginner trailheads and try a challenge but it won't let me use my dev org as it has a namespace (I was messing around with Lighning components a while back).  So it lets me create a new hands-on org curious-racoon ...  I do some beginning trailheads in that org.  Then I do a Lightning Trailhead and it says to create a namespace so I do.  The challenges in that Trailhead work fine.  Then I go back to a beginner Trailhead and do a simple challenge to create two custom fields.  The check fails.  I strongly suspect it's because it's looking for a field with an API name Description__c but my field has an API Name, myNameSpace_Description__c.

Is there a way to have a hands-on org that's compatible with all Trailhead Modules?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ken,

When you have any trailhead modules with a namespace to be created in order to validate the challenge its always recommended to connect to a trailhead playground.Connecting a developer edition org would not be a good idea as there are other modules which don't need any namespace requirement. As namespace gets created for the org you will not be able to validate other trailhead challenges.So you need to create a new developer instance for the trailhead challenges in order to validate them.

Please let us know if you are looking for something else.

Thanks,
Nagendra.
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner
I am using a trailhead playground.  What I'm asking is are there certain trails that will work with a trailhead playground that has a namespace and other that will work only if the playground org does not have a namespace? 
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner
I am using a trailhead playground.  What I'm asking is if there are some trails (lightning) that require a namespace and some trails that will not work with a namespace.  Therefore, if you wanted to run the Check function on all excercises in a variety trails, you might actually need two trailhead playground orgs.
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner
I am using a trailhead playground. What I'm asking is if there are some trails (lightning) that require a namespace and some trails that will not work with a namespace. Therefore, if you wanted to run the Check function on exercises in a variety trails, you might actually need two trailhead playground orgs, one with and one without a namespace. -Ken
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner
Sorry about the dupe posts.  SF gave me a 503 error page every time I tried to post the last follow up and yet the replies got saved.