function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar 

Can't display any of parent campaign related list in Lightning App Builder

Hey,

Campaign management design requires that a parent campaign can have "campaign items" child records, and child campaigns should not, instead, their layouts will display the parent's campaign items records.

I am trying to apply this via Lightning App Builder; I put a "related list" standard component, select "parent campaign" record, and select "campaign items" related list. However, I can't seem to display any related list of parent campaign. Whatever related list of parent campaign I set to, I get this text instead: "We can't display this information because the record has no parent or you don’t have access. Ask your admin for help.".

Child campaign layout

Below screenshot is the Lightning Page of above layout. You can see the parent's campaign items related list detail:

User-added image 

I am definitely sure that I have campaign items related list placed on the standard layouts on both child record type and parent record type. And the child campaign I view has its "ParentId" field populated. There can't be any visibility / permission issue since my profile is System Administrator.

In Lightning App Builder, I do several experiments such as changing the parent record on related list component, and everything except for parent campaign, the related list displays normally. This issue is exclusive to parent campaign.

I couldn't find anything related to this issue on boards and Salesforce pages. Anyone else have experienced this? This is becoming frustrating for me.

Regards,
Tolga
Best Answer chosen by Tolga Sunar
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
Hi,

The issue got somehow resolved. Probably ParentId field was invisible due to FLS. Not totally sure what was the root cause.

Regards,
Tolga

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Tolga,

Sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.

May I request you please confirm if you have raised any case with the salesforce support team? If not may I suggest you raise a case with support team which is the best option you have under your belt.

You may reach salesforce support team here: Thanks,
Nagendra.
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
Hi,

The issue got somehow resolved. Probably ParentId field was invisible due to FLS. Not totally sure what was the root cause.

Regards,
Tolga
This was selected as the best answer