function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dheeraj-(DJ)Dheeraj-(DJ) 

Unable to import look up field using Data Loader and Import Wizard

Hi Team,
I am trying to import data using data loader but getting error. I have created a custom object "Test" which has a look up field "Merchandise"
I have added Merchandise ID in the column as well. Please correct me where I am doing wrong.

Thanks in Advance!
Dheeraj

Test ObjectData Loader Error 
Best Answer chosen by Dheeraj-(DJ)
Dheeraj-(DJ)Dheeraj-(DJ)
Hello Guys! Finally I found what was missing and now able to fix it. It was a filter that I applied few days ago to the look up field was stopping the data loader or Import Wizard to import the data in SF.
@Lokesh: Hi! I am able to import with 15 digit ID and 18 both.
@Tarun: Hi! It is a picklist data type.

Thanks for your help guys.
Dheeraj

All Answers

Tarun J.Tarun J.
Hello Dheeraj,

Check the Id values in Merchandise Id column. It should be Id of existing record of Merchandise in your org.

-Thanks,
TK
Dheeraj-(DJ)Dheeraj-(DJ)
Hello Tarun,

Thanks for your response. I have taken correct Merchandise IDs I guess. I am in a fix what is missing right in there.
Could you please share any existing sample csv file screenshot which has look up field in there? That would be very helpful.

And I am using the Record ID from the url displayed below.

This is the ID I am using.

Thanks!
Dheeraj
Tarun J.Tarun J.
What is the field type of 'Autorenew Duration'? Also, share the complete error message.

Lokesh KumarLokesh Kumar
Hi Dheeraj,

Always use 18 digit ID's instead of !5-digit to get the 18 digit ID's export records through WorkBench or DataLoader and take the record ID and format your CSV with 18-digit ID and do insert.

If you need any more help please let me know.

Thanks,
Lokesh
Dheeraj-(DJ)Dheeraj-(DJ)
Hello Guys! Finally I found what was missing and now able to fix it. It was a filter that I applied few days ago to the look up field was stopping the data loader or Import Wizard to import the data in SF.
@Lokesh: Hi! I am able to import with 15 digit ID and 18 both.
@Tarun: Hi! It is a picklist data type.

Thanks for your help guys.
Dheeraj
This was selected as the best answer