function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven CambersSteven Cambers 

Is there a way to use a formula field to create summary set of text based off of whether fields are empty and if not pulling their data but prefixing it with text

As the title states, i have a few exam code fields in our Salesforce instance and need to have these sent to students automatically once they are populated. The issue is we so far (constantly expanding) have 9 and not all of these are relevant to our students.

I would like to, to save myself the effort of making an individual email for each code and stop the student receiving a ton of emails, create a formula field that pulls which exam codes are populated, i can then use this field to pull the info to an auto email. I need this field therefore to be populated with the relevant exam codes but also prefix with them with the exam they are e.g.

IF(NOT(ISBLANK(A_Exam_1__c)), "A+: "&A_Exam_1__c, null)

Obviously the above works for the 1 field i was using to test this on, however, i can't think of a way to do the same check on multiple fields and pull all the information in. For Example i'd need it to check:

IF(NOT(ISBLANK(A_Exam_1__c)), "A+: "&A_Exam_1__c, null) &&
IF(NOT(ISBLANK(A_Exam_2__c)), "A+: "&A_Exam_2__c, null) etc.

Any help would be greatly apprecitated, whether possible or not.

Thanks in advance,
Steve.