function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greer Zimmerman 5Greer Zimmerman 5 

create records on related object from the creation of another

Hi all,

I am trying to get Salesforce to create multiple records through flows. I have Object A, which is related to multiple Object B records through a lookup field. Every time a new Object A is created I need to create an Object C in a master-detail relationship with every Object B record related to Object A.

I am trying to use flows. I currently have one that does a fast look up of all of the Object Bs, then leads to a loop, then leads to a record create. But it isn't working! Please help!

Details on workflow
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Greer Zimmerman,

To automatically create a new custom object record with information from another custom object record.Please refer the below link for reference. Hope it helps.
Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
Greer Zimmerman 5Greer Zimmerman 5
Hi Rahul, Thank you so much for a response! I am running into an issue with Process Builder. This is a diagram of what I'm trying to complete. User-added image

I'm sorry if those two links do in fact answer my question but both of them point me to Process Builder and I can't figure out how that would work!

In process builder, I cannot set Object B's ID as a field value for Object C when I am starting with Object A as the starting object. That is why I was trying to use flow to search for ALL Object Bs with the Master-detail reationship with Object D, and then create an Object C record related to those records. 

Any other guidance?

Greer