function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anthony PiaiaAnthony Piaia 

how to setup SAML single sign on for portals and regular users in one org

I am trying to setup SAML for regular salesforce users using SAML, i was able to get this to work, i have created a custom domain in order to provide our users to access through SAML and other users access to login with their regular salesforce credentials.  This part is working.  The next part is where things get confusing.  We also want to provide our portal users access using SAML, after reading documentation we have included the org id and the portal id in the assertion statement and documentation says we have to create a site and enable it for portals, I have also done this.  After we add the portal information to the assertion statement, nothing works.  Any information can help on a step by step way to setup portals and regular salesforce users with SAML authentication.  Example will also be helpful.
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Anthony,

may I suggest you please refer the below link for reference. hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar